Friday, May 6, 2011

20110506 Blondies


(SOURCE: SimplyRecipes.com - Blondies)

For my husband's birthday, I have made him some blondies! I don't really like making brownies or blondies, because their edges always rose too much so I could only get two normal-looking blondies out of one batch. Argh! And I always make the same mistake with brownie/blondie - I don't wait long enough. Everyone is saying that you should let the brownies/blondies sit for at least a few hours or even overnight. But they are soooooo tempting when they first come out of the oven. This time I waited for an hour only, so you can see in the picture that it was still a bit runny. But well, the birthday boy loved them and cleaned the pan anyways.

INGREDIENTS
110g butter, melted
1 cupe tightly packed brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 cup flour
1/3 cup chopped walnuts

METHOD
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degree C. Lightly butter and flour a 20cm X 20cm pan.
2. Whisk together the melted butter and sugar in a bowl. Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, mix it all together. Add the chopped walnuts.
3. Pour into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool. Cut into squares and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment