Friday, August 5, 2011

20110805 Oven-baked meatballs


(SOURCE: SimpleDailyRecipes.com - Meatballs Baked in the Oven)

I mixed all the ingredients together and let the mixture sit in the fridge for an hour for "flavor melding". I thought of making meatballs as my husband usually has afternoon events at work on Friday and hence only wants snacks at night. So I thought I will have meatball spaghetti for dinner and my husband can munch on the meatballs. But as he didn't have any events tonight, I simply cooked a big pan of spaghetti and tossed the meatballs in some ready-made pasta sauce - dinner served! These meatballs were super garlicky, so I would recommend using 2 garlic cloves instead.

INGREDIENTS
450g ground beef
3 garlic cloves, crushed
3 tbsp dried parsley
2 tbsp dried basil
1 egg, lightly beaten
6 tbsp breadcrumbs
2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

METHOD
1. Heat the oven to 205 degree C. Lightly grease a sheet pan with olive oil.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients well together.
3. Use a tablespoon to scoop out meatball onto the greased sheet pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until light brown.

2 comments:

  1. I make meatball but have never done it in the oven.I guess I am afraid they will dry out if baked.Worth trying thou:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same, but the meatballs were crispy on the outside and juicy inside. And it is soooo much easier to cook them in the oven, so I'll no longer fry meatballs in a pan again!

    ReplyDelete