Monday, August 8, 2011
20110808 Glazed Lemon Bread
(SOURCE: SimplyRecipes.com - Glazed Lemon Bread)
I had a really rough night and am having a very bad headache. So I felt like having some warm baked goods to make my day a little more bearable. So I made this bread at 5 in the morning, and had a big fat slice for breakfast and then another slice for afternoon tea. The combination of honey and lemon creates a very soothing and "homey" flavor. I definitely like this recipe better than this Lemon Drizzle Cake.
110g butter, softened
1 cup minus 1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp lemon zest
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp baking powder
For the glaze -
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp honey
1. Heat the oven to 175 degree C. Butter a loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add sugar and honey, and continue to beat until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well. On low speed, slowly beat the milk in. Mix in lemon zest.
3. Sift together flour, salt, cardamom, and baking powder. Add to wet ingredients, and beat until smooth.
4. Place batter in the loaf pan, and bake for an hour.
5. While the bread is baking, heat the glaze ingredients in a small saucepan until sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside.
6. Once the bread is removed from oven, poke holes all over the top, then spoon glaze over the hot bread.
7. Let the bread cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan, and slice to serve.
Labels: Baked goods