Wednesday, August 8, 2012

20120808 Meatloaf


I need to get rid of the pack of ground beef in the freezer. What should I make? Meatloaf, of course! I have several sad looking celery sticks sitting in the fridge, so I chopped them up and threw them in too. The first time I made a meatloaf, I followed a recipe I found on the internet and measured everything precisely. But now? I simply throw in whatever feels right. And the meatloaf tasted pretty juicy and yummy. The joy of cooking!

INGREDIENTS
2 small onions, finely chopped
2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
1 small carrot, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
500g ground beef
1 tbsp dried parsley
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/3 cup ketchup (Plus more to smear on top of the loaf)
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 eggs
olive oil
salt and freshly grounded black pepper

METHOD
1. Heat oven to 175 degree C.
2. Heat some olive oil in a pan and cook the onion, celery, carrots, and garlic for about 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, mix the cooked vegetables and the rest of the ingredients together. Put into a loaf pan and cover the loaf with a thick layer of ketchup. Cook in the oven for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment