Sunday, December 12, 2010

20101212 Chocolate Banana Muffins


(SOURCE: Nigella.com - Chocolate Banana Muffin)

My headache has been difficult this week, so I thought I would indulge myself in some warm muffins on this rainy/sunny Sunday afternoon. I therefore looked through the recipes at Nigella.com to find a muffin recipe that I have all the ingredients for. Voila! These muffins look absolutely gorgeous as they are so round on the top. I used 3 rounded tablespoons of cocoa powder instead, but the muffins are still not very chocolatey. So if you are a hardcore chocaholic, you may want to add more cocoa powder and/or dark chocolate chips.

INGREDIENTS
3 overripe bananas
125ml vegetable oil
2 eggs
100g soft light brown sugar
225g plain flour
3 rounded tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda

METHOD
1. Heat oven to 200 degree C and line a muffin tin with 12 paper cases.
2. Mash the bananas with a fork. Then with a freestanding mixer, beat the oil followed by eggs and sugar into the bananas.
3. Mix the flour, cocoa powder and bicarb together and sift this mixture, beating gently, to the banana mixture, then spoon it into the prepared cases.
4. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly in their tin before moving to a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment