Thursday, December 23, 2010

20101223 Oven Steamed Salmon with capers


Home alone tonight, so I had oven steamed salmon for dinner again! I have some capers and a lemon in the fridge, so I thought I would use them for my oven steamed salmon. Too bad I don't have any white wine at home, or I would drizzle some over the salmon too. I served it with just some steamed potatoes and carrots (tossed with dried parsley, salt, fresh ground four-season pepper, and olive oil). Yum!

INGREDIENTS
200g salmon fillet
olive oil
2 tsp capers, soaked in water for a few minutes and drained
3 slices of lemon
sea salt
fresh ground four-season pepper

METHOD
1. Heat oven to 200 degree C.
2. Fold a meter of aluminium foil to make two layers. Lightly oil the foil then lay the salmon fillet on top, skin side down. Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt, and fresh ground four-season pepper. Lay the lemon slices on the salmon and scatter with capers. Wrap up the foil and crease to make a packet.
3. Cook the packet in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon fillet.

No comments:

Post a Comment