Wednesday, January 12, 2011

110112 Singaporean Noodles


I made congee for dinner tonight to sooth my cold, and thought I would make something different for my husband. But as I didn't do grocery shopping, I have to whip something up with materials I can find in the kitchen. Though this is not the Singaporean noodles I usually have from the Chinese take-out that have prawns and char-siu, it was not bad either and actually tasted quite good!

INGREDIENTS
150g vermicelli
75g pork, sliced
1 egg, lightly beaten
dried parsley
1/2 chilli pepper, thickly sliced
50g beansprouts
2 tsp curry powder
2 tbsp soy sauce
salt and pepper
1 garlic, crushed
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp oil

METHOD
1. Soak the vermicelli in a big bowl of hot water for 5 to 8 minutes to rehydrate. Drain well and set aside.
2.Heat a little oil in the wok. Scramble the egg (season with some salt and dried parsley) until just done, break it apart with a wooden spatula. Remove from wok and set aside.
3. Heat oil in the wok. Brown the garlic and onion for about 3 minutes. Add the pork and fry for about 5 minutes. Season with curry, and salt and pepper. Add the vermicelli and soy sauce, and fry for about 5 minutes. Lastly add the beansprouts and egg. Mix well and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment