Wednesday, January 19, 2011

20110119 Sausages with Potatoes and Rosemary


(Source: Simply Bill by Bill Granger)

I love fresh herbs as they always add life to my dishes, but sometimes I just don't know what to do with the leftover herbs as they don't store for long. I tried freezing them - though their flavor was intact, they became limp and looked so unattractive! So I usually try to find recipes to use up the entire packet of fresh herbs within a week. Today I have a few rosemary stalks left from the Roasted Ratatouille Chicken so I looked through my recipes for dishes that need rosemary stalks. Voila! This is actually the dish I made with my friend when she first introduced me to the world of cookery more than 2 years ago. As I was too nervous in the kitchen back then, we didn't take any pictures. So here is one!

INGREDIENTS
6 Italian-style sausages, sliced thickly
450g potato wedges, skin on
1 1/2 tsp paprika
2 rosemary stalks
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 loaf ciabatta, crust removed
50ml extra virgin olive oil

METHOD
1. Heat the oven to 200 degree C. In a large roasting tin, add the sausages, potatoes, papria, rosemary, sea salt, and pepper. Teat the ciabatta into bite-size pieces and add to the tin. Drizzle with oil and toss gently.
2. Roast - stirring occasionally - for 30 to 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the sausages and bread are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment