Wednesday, January 12, 2011

20110112 Chocolate Banana Muffins, v2.0



(SOURCE: Nigella.com - Chocolate Banana Muffins)


I have been fighting this cold for days now, and am having a sore head from all the fever and coughing and sneezing. I woke at 5 this morning and was feeling sorry for myself. Seeing the two black bananas sitting on the counter, I thought I would have some warm baked goods for breakfast. Banana bread? Nope, the recipe needs 4 ripe bananas. Plain banana muffins? Nope, again, the recipe needs 4 ripe bananas. Last time when I made some chocolate banana muffins, I found them a little too banana-y and not chocolate-y enough. Perfect! So I modified the recipe by reducing the amount of bananas and sugar, and adding some chocolate sprinkles. I think dark chocolate sprinkles will be a better choice, but I don't have them and had to make do with milk chocolate ones. The muffins are so good. Warm muffins may not cure my cold, but they definitely cheered me up this morning!

INGREDIENTS
2 overripe bananas
125ml vegetable oil
2 eggs
80g soft light brown sugar
225g plain flour
50g milk chocolate sprinkles3 rounded tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda


METHOD
1. Heat oven to 200 degree C and line a muffin tin with 12 paper cases.
2. Mash the bananas with a fork. Then with a freestanding mixer, beat the oil followed by eggs and sugar into the bananas.
3. Mix the flour, cocoa powder, sprinkles, and bicarb together and sift this mixture, beating gently, to the banana mixture, then spoon it into the prepared cases.
4. Bake in the oven for 18 minutes. Allow to cool slightly in their tin before moving to a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment