Tuesday, August 11, 2009
20090811 Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins
(SOURCE: allrecipes.com - Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins)
225g cream cheese, softened
31g powdered sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
100g brown sugar
80g butter, melted
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup strawberry jam (about 80g)
1. Heat oven to 190 degree C. Line 12 muffin cups with paper muffin liners.
2. Beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth, set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together egg, milk, brown sugar, butter, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
4. Spoon half of batter into muffin cups. Top each portion with 1 tbsp cream cheese mixture and 1 tsp jam. Spoon remaining muffin batter on top.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove muffins and cool on rack. Store in airtight container.
Labels: Baked goods