Sunday, March 20, 2011

201103220 Raspberry Cheesecake


(SOURCE: Olive Magazine - Baked raspberry cheesecake)

I spent the last hours worrying as I forgot to bake the crust - lesson learned, never bake anything when you are still half asleep at 7 on a Sunday morning! This is the first time I bake cheesecake and it did not get off to a good start. I felt my heart sink when a big crack started to develop when the cheesecake was cooling down. But it tasted pretty good so that was a relief. Next time if I wanted to make cheesecake for company, I will need to find a way to make a crack-free cheesecake. Or I just need to make more sauce or a topping for the cheesecake to hide the crack.

INGREDIENTS
8 digestive biscuits, bashed into crumbs
50g butter, melted
300g raspberries
icing sugar
600g cream cheese
2 tbsp plain flour
2 eggs + 1 yolk
175g caster sugar
few drops of vanilla extract
140ml sour cream

METHOD
1. Heat oven to 160 degree C. Mix the melted butter and crumbs. Press into a 22cm springform tin. Bake for 5 minutes, then set aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl, beat the last 6 ingredients until light and fluffy. Stir in half the raspberries (dusted in some flour) and pour into the tin. Bake for about 40 minutes and then check, it should be set but slightly wobbly in the center. Leave in the tin to cool.
3. Keep a few raspberries for topping. Put the rest in a pan with 1 tbsp of icing sugar. Heat until juicy and then squash with a fork. Push through a sieve. Serve the cheesecake with raspberry sauce and raspberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment