Thursday, August 15, 2013
20130815 Potato & Mozzarella Tortilla
I served this with roasted sausages and pepper, as I found them in the fridge. But I think this would go better with a simple green salad.
450g potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
5 eggs, beaten
4 tasty tom tomatoes, sliced
175g mozzarella ball, torn into small pieces
1tsp dried dille
Salt and freshly grounded black pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a frying pan, and fry the potatoes over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Season with 1/2 tsp of dille and salt and pepper.
2. Pour the beaten eggs over the potatoes, and let it cook (without lid) for about 15-20 minutes or until the base is set.
3. Transfer the tortilla to a baking dish and cook under a hot grill for about 3 minutes.
4. Remove the dish from the oven and scatter with tomatoes and mozzarella pieces and the rest of the dille. Return the dish under the grill and cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft and mozzarella is melted.
5. Cut into thick wedges and serve right away.