Tuesday, November 16, 2010

20101116 Apple Muffins


(SOURCE: Olive Magazine - Fluffy Apple Muffins)

I have some leftover apples and have been craving some warm muffins all day today. So I searched for apple muffin recipes online and found this super easy one. I even have almost all the ingredients home, so there is no excuse not to bake. I don't have any ground ginger, so I replaced it with "koek & speculaas spice mix" - just like pumpkin pie spice mix. Warm muffins are the best comfort food ever!

INGREDIENTS
75g butter
100g caster sugar
225g plain flour, mixed with 3 tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt
225ml buttermilk
100g apples, peeled, cored, chopped, and tossed with a generous pinch of koek & speculaas spice mix

METHOD
1. Heat oven to 180 degree C.
2. Beat the butter and sugar, then stir in the flour mixtrue and butter milk. Fold in the apples. Spoon the mixture into 8 muffin cases, and bake for 25 minutes until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment