Tuesday, November 30, 2010

20101130 Vermicelli with Chicken


(SOURCE: Simply Bill by Bill Granger)

I got Simply Bill from my best friend for my birthday. I couldn't find the flat rice noodles the recipe asked for, so I used vermicelli instead. I find the noodles a little too soggy for my liking, so next time I may rinse the noodles in ice cold water and halve the chicken stock.

INGREDIENTS
125g vermicelli
300g chicken, cut into strips
2 tbsp korma curry paste
2 tbsp oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 spring onions, cut into lengths (chop some up for garnish)
125ml chicken stock
2 tbsp soy sauce

METHOD
1. In a small bowl, marinate the chicken with the curry paste. In a large bowl, soak the noodles in hot water for about 5 minutes or until soft. Drain well and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok over high heat. Pour in the eggs, and leave to set for 10 seconds. Then scramble the eggs until they are about three-quarters cooked. Remove from pan, and set aside.
3. Wipe out the wok with paper towels and return to the heat. Add the remaining oil and brown the chicken for 5 to 10 minutes. Then add the spring onions and stir fry for 1 minute. Add the stock, soy sauce and noodles and stir fry for about 2 minutes until heated through. Add the egg and toss to combine. Sprinkle with chopped spring onions and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment